Hospital Bag Checklist. What to pack?

What to pack indeed.
Chances are when you are coming in for your 28 weeks check up, the nurses will ask you to pack up your hospital bag and place them in the car. Don't take her advise lightly. Small steps are key here ladies. For me, this is what happen,

Day 1 - Pull out the bag
Day 2 - Forgot about it
Day 3 - Forgot about it
Day 4 - Why is this bag hanging around?
Day 5 - Forgot about it
Day 6 - Move the bag to the storage box, cause I am completely forgot why it was out in the first place.
Day 7 - Realize I need to pack the bag
Day 8 - Pull out the bag again.
Day 9 - I'm tired
Day 10 - Looking at baby cloth and drift away
Day 11 - My husband reminds me to pack the bag

Yeah, small steps. Or maybe tiny mini small steps. So, what I end up packing in the bag?
I used Fjallraven Kanken 16L as my hospital bag. Later on this bag will become the diaper bag and my purse combine. I will not carry another bag as my purse. Its fine, right now I am using the same bag, the different is right now I'm using the mini one, 7l to be exact. It serve it purpose. And the bag is sooo big. Dont let the frontal face fool ya. Oh yeah I got the bag in the same design color as my previous bag. Even my husband does not realize that I just bought another Kanken.

They are literally the same


In the Kanken I pack:

Documentation
1. Buku Pink
2. MyKad

Cube 1 - Mom's Stuff
1. Towel 1x
2. Nursing bra 1x
3. Adult diaper 1x
4. Long sleeve long dress 1x
4. Headscarves

Cube 2- Misc Stuff
1. Toiletries Set
2. Headband and hairties
3. Snacks
4. Non-slip fluffy sock
5. Vanity Set
6. Electronics (Phone Charger, Powerbank)

Cube 3 - Baby's Stuff (going home outfit only)
1. Towel/Napkin 1x
2. Zip Up Sleepers 1x
3. Newborn Diapers 1x
4. Swaddle blanket 1x
5. Anakku Head to toe wash 1x

And then I realize, what about my husband? Or anybody that may be waiting for me while I'm in labour? So I pack a different bag just for them.
1. Sleeping bag 1x
2. Small pillow 1x
3. Snacks
4. Extra NB diapers
5. Extra Adult diapers
6. Extra pair of baby's stuff set

That's it. I will update this post on what I actually need and what I ended up not using.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why am I here?

Free Baby Item in Malaysia 2019

Parentcraft Workshop by M&B Medical Marketing Review