Pengalaman Pemeriksaan Kandungan di Klinik Ibu dan Anak Seri Kembangan

So you found out you are with child. What now? I dont know what to do too once the stick turn blue. I just wait around 10 weeks, then I called up Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri Selangor (JKNS) at 03 5123 7333 for the next instruction I guess and what to do next. Obviously once we found out we are pregnant the advise from parents and friends start pouring in. Some says go to your first check up at 10 weeks, some said 12 weeks. How would you know for sure? And if you are going to go through government clinic, which one you should go? I have all these question in my head. So I called JKNS up. They were so helpful. The lady look up my home address up and said that I should go to Klinik Kesihatan Ibu dan Anak Seri Kembangan. I argued that my home is closer to Putrajaya than the suggested KK. And patiently she explain to me that my address are covered by Seri Kembangan Clinic. And I should go in when I'm at 10 weeks along in my pregnancies. No need to bring your own pregnancy test whatsover. But I do call them up first just to let them know that I'm coming. They just ask me to come early as possible at 7:30 am.

So, what to expect here?
1. Once you arrived, the parking spot are obviously second to none. Usually I parked at the next door Petron Station. Just across the road.

Walking distance around 1 minute (100 meter)


2. Go up to the KKIA counter number 1, let them know you are new and they will give you 2 pink book (1 for you, and other one for the clinic record). Fill up the information at the cover of both book.


3. Once finished, give the book back to the nurses at Counter 1. They will instruct you to wait. They will complete your registration for you. You will be waiting a lotttt.


4. Finally they will called up your name and they will pass you the book and a called number. At the called number's sheet there will be the number of the room that you need to pass through. For each room, you will need to put the book inside the basket near the door and wait for your called number. Keep in mind, the number are not for queue-ing purposes, it just to call you better. Imagine the nurses keep yelling your name. There are a lot of people there, can you hear it? What if the nurses mispronounce your name? No you wont hear it.


As far as I remember,
17 - Lab (urin check)
23 - Nurses station
24 - Injection room
25 - Nurses station
26 - Nurses station
29 - Doctors room

You will not visit all the rooms at each visit session, but there are times that I was bounce from 17-23-25-23-29- and back to 25 again. Lastly to the pharmacy to pick up my vitamin. Keep in mind for each room even if you already visited the room, like the room 23 and 25 in the that list, you have to put your pink book in the basket again and wait for number to be called again. It was like forever.

5. Repeat the process until you are done.


To date, I already been here
8/4/2019 10 weeks
9/5/2019 14 weeks
7/6/2019 18 weeks (Not in KK Seri Kembangan, Its 3rd Raya Aidilfitri, Klinik Kesihatan Tengkera)
20/6/2019 20 weeks
18/7/2019 24 weeks
15/8/2019 28 weeks
29/8/2019 30 weeks

Each visit is different, the order of the rooms that need to be visited are different too. But the waiting game and sitting on the floor is the same. I get it, family members want to support new mom. But please dont keep the seating for your husband, your child who are obviously does not want to be there. Give up the seat for the other mom who need it. We have backpain just by seeing your face. I was accompanied by my husband during the first visit only. It just happen during that time he is transitioning for new job. And I asked him to wait outside at the nearby warung, but he insisted to wait with me inside the clinic by sitting on the floor.

Tips
1. Bring your own pen
2. Bring snacks
3. Bring powerbank
4. Bring portable seat or anything to put on the floor for seating. Trust me.
5. Bring water, but you can buy them at the clinic.
6. Bring something to entertain yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why am I here?

Free Baby Item in Malaysia 2019

Parentcraft Workshop by M&B Medical Marketing Review